Easy Chocolate Mud Cake Recipe Ever
This is a recipe which i wanted to bake so badly..This recipe is exactly made from bake like a pro famous chocolate mud cake video. I have watched that video lots and lots of time and managed to make this cake perfectly just like how he showed it..It was rich, dark and very fudgy and so chocolaty..So yum..
- Preparation Time : 20 mins
- Baking Time : 13/4 hour to 2 hours
- Serves: 12 to 14 servings
- All Purpose Flour / Maida – 2 cups / 240 grams
- Cocoa Powder – 1/2 cup / 60 grams
- Baking Powder – 2 tsp
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 3/4 cup / 180 ml
- Soft Unsalted Butter – 250 grams
- Milk – 1/2 cup / 120 ml
- Eggs – 4
- Sugar – 2 3/4 cup / 550 grams
- Dark Chocolate – 220 Grams chopped
- Instant Coffee Powder – 2 tblspn
- Oil – 2 tblspn
- Chocolate ganache – 1 batch (Click here for recipe)
- (My 1 cup measures 240 ml)
- Preheat oven to 150 degree C. Line the base and sides of a 20 cm deep round pan with parchment paper..Make sure the parchment comes above the pan, since it will rise so much.
- Now time to make the batter. Take water in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil
- Add in coffee, butter, dark chocolate and heat it gently till it is melted.
- Add in sugar and whisk well till it is completely melted.
- Pour this in a bowl and set aside to cool down a bit.
- Now sift flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Now add in milk to the chocolate mix, add in one egg at a time and whisk it well.
- Add in the sifted flour mix in and mix well.
- Pour this in the prepared pan and pop it in oven for 1.45 hours to 2 hours.
- Now remove it from oven and let it cool completely.
- Now unmould from tin and cut the top with a serrated knife.
- Spoon the ganache on top and spread on all sides.
- Decorate as you wish. Chill in fridge for couple of hours.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.