How to Cook Steak Perfectly Every Time
Learn how to cook steak perfectly every single time with this easy to follow recipe where steak is seared in a skillet on the stove and finished in the oven.
- 2 beef steaks at least 1-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- Remove steaks from refrigerator and any packaging and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Rub each side with the olive oil to coat. Combine the salt, pepper, and onion powder in a small bowl. Rub both sides of each steak with the rub mixture.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Preheat a heavy, oven-safe skillet over high heat until it is smoking hot. Sear steaks in the hot pan for 2-3 minutes per side. If the steak has a side of fat, turn the steak onto its side and render the fat by searing it for 2-3 minutes as well.
- Slide the skillet with the seared steaks in it into the oven to finish cooking. Remove the steaks from the oven 5 degrees before the desired level of doneness is achieved, or 130 degrees F for medium rare.
- While the steaks are cooking, use a fork to combine the butter with garlic in a small bowl.
- When the steaks are removed from the grill, immediately top with 1 tablespoon of the butter mixture and allow the steaks to rest 10 minutes before cutting into them. The temperature of the steak will continue to rise as it rests by about 5 degrees.
Calories: 475kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 174mg | Sodium: 1387mg | Potassium: 800mg | Vitamin A: 7% | Vitamin C: 0.6% | Calcium: 5% | Iron: 20.1%.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.The post How to Cook Steak Perfectly Every Time appeared first on thestayathomechef.com.