Baked Garlic Paprika Chicken
Paprika Chicken Legs - Resist the temptation of cooking the same thing over and over and make this Baked Garlic Paprika Chicken Legs. It's packed with great flavors from garlic, onion, cayenne pepper, herbs and, of course, paprika. It'll be a new family favorite easy dish!
Calories: 277 kcal
Author: Immaculate Bites from african bites.
- 3 -3 ½ pound chicken drumsticks
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon bouillon powder (you may replace with salt)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4-6 garlic cloves minced
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh herbs (thyme, parsley, oregano)
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons onion powder
- Wash chicken legs dry, rub with salt , white pepper and bouillon powder and set aside
- In a small pan set over medium low heat, combine canola oil, minced garlic, fresh herbs, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper . Stir for about 30 seconds or 1 minute. Let this mixture sit for a little bit about 5 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 425°.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl, toss with garlic paprika spice mix, then sprinkle with the onion powder.
- Line a baking pan with foil; top with a wire rack. Arrange chicken legs out in a single layer.
- Bake chicken legs until cooked through and skin is crispy, about 40-45 minutes
- If desired rotate chicken halfway through-roughly 25 minutes. And continue cooking until chicken is fully cooked and juice from the chicken runs clear.
- Remove and let it cool slightly before serving .
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.