Best Ever Buttermilk Fried Chicken
BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN is the best fried chicken recipe you will ever sink your teeth into. Fried Chicken can be tricky, but we have broken it down to the PERFECT easy fried chicken recipe anyone can make. This Buttermilk Chicken Recipe will become the favorite chicken of your life!
FOR THE BRINE:
- 8 cups cold water
- ½ cup kosher salt
- 1 lemon grated zest & sliced
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- ¼ cup Flat Leaf Parsley Italian parsley
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 head garlic skin left on and cloves smashed
- 10 pieces chicken skin-on and bone-in (whole breast cut in-half)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tablespoons garlic powder
- 1½ tablespoons onion powder
- 1½ teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1½ teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 10 cups Peanut Oil
FOR THE BRINE:
- Place all brine ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute or until the salt dissolves, then chill completely.
- When the mixture has chilled, add the chicken pieces and brine for 8 hours. Do NOT brine more than 8 hours or the chicken could be too salty.
- After 8 hours, transfer the chicken pieces to a paper towel-lined plate and pat completely dry with other paper towels. Allow the chicken to rest at room temperature for 1 hour before deep frying and while prepping to cook.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.