Best M&M Cookies
These M&M cookies are soft, chewy & gigantic. It's an easy cookie recipe that turns out just like your favorite cookies from the bakery. Use regular or mini M&Ms.
Recipe from: justsotasty.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter* softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup shortening*
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more if needed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup M&Ms regular or mini
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325F degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment or baking mats.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter, shortening, white sugar & brown sugar until fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Beat in the vanilla & eggs.
- With the mixer on low speed mix in the flour, baking soda & salt. Squeeze a little dough between your fingers, if it sticks to your fingers mix in a little more flour 1 tablespoon at a time until it doesn't.
- Turn off the mixer and stir int he M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into balls about 3 tablespoons in size.* Place 2 inches apart on the lined cookie sheets, and ensure they're taller than they are wide.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the tops are just set.
- Once out of the oven, optionally place a few extra M&Ms and chocolate chips on the top of each cookie.
- To make the cookies without shortening, use 1 cup of butter and 3 1/4 cups flour. To make the cookies with 100% shortening, use 1 cup shortening and 3 cups flour.
- For smaller cookies, form them into balls about 1.5 tablespoons in size and bake for 8-10 minutes. You'll end up with about 48 cookies total.
- Cookie dough freezes well. Make the dough and form into balls. Place in a Ziploc bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Bake from frozen. They'll take 1-2 minutes longer.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.