Best Snickerdoodles Recipe
This really is the best Snickerdoodles recipe I have ever tried. They always turn out thick, chewy, and soft. No other recipe compares!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 36 cookies
Author Sarah Averett from highheelsandgrills.
- 2 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter, softened I use salted
- 2 cups white sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Cream together the butter and 1 & 1/2 cups sugar until pale yellow, about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in eggs until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough comes together.
- In a separate, small bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon together.
- Shape dough into about 1-3/4 inch balls and roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar.
- Space the balls about 3 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. (Oven temperatures may vary. Cooking time may be more or less.)
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.