Cheesy Garlic Butter Mushroom Stuffed Chicken
Cheesy garlic butter mushroom stuffed chicken with an optional creamy garlic parmesan sauce! what?! yes!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces (250 grams) brown mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic minced or finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 cups half and half or use reduced fat cream or evaporated milk*
- 1/2 cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to your tastes
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch cornflour mixed with 2 teaspoons of water (OPTIONAL FOR A THICKER SAUCE)
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 400°F.
- Melt butter in a large (over 12-inch or 30 cm) oven proof pan or skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add in mushrooms, salt and pepper (to your tastes), and parsley. Cook while stirring occasionally until soft. Set aside and allow to cool while preparing your chicken.
- Pat breasts dry with a paper towel. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder and dried parsley. Rub each piece to evenly coat in seasoning.
- Horizontally slice a slit through the thickest part of each breast to form a pocket. Place 2 slices of mozzarella into each breast pocket.
- Divide the mushroom mixture into four equal portions and fill each breast with the mushroom mixture (leave the juices in the pan for later. If there are any left over mushrooms, don't worry. You'll use them later). Top the mushroom mixture with 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese per breast. Seal with two or three toothpicks near the opening to keep the mushrooms inside while cooking.
- Heat the same pan the mushrooms were in along with the pan juices (the garlic butter will start to brown and take on a 'nutty' flavour). Add the chicken and sear until golden. Flip and sear on the other side until golden. Cover pan and continue cooking in preheated oven for a further 20 minutes, or until completely cooked through the middle and no longer pink.
- Serve, with pan juices and any remaining mushrooms, on top of pasta, rice or steamed vegetables.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.