Cheesy Tomato Ground Beef and Rice
Cheesy Tomato Ground Beef and Rice is an easy stove top dinner recipe packed with flavour. This ground beef dish is made with cream of tomato soup, canned corn, instant rice and loaded with cheddar cheese.
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice, uncooked
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 8.5 oz canned corn
- 10.75 oz condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp dehydrated minced onion
- 1/2 tbsp dried chives
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese blend, shredded
- Prepare the instant rice according to the directions on the package and set aside.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat fry up the ground beef with a dab of butter or margarine.
- While the beef is cooking add in the diced onions.
- Once the ground beef is fully cooked, drain the excess grease from the pan.
- Then reduce heat to medium and add in the corn, tomato soup, milk and cooked rice. Stir well.
- Add the salt, pepper, minced onion and dried chives. Stir well again.
- Allow the mixture to simmer for about ten minutes and then stir in 2 cups of the shredded cheddar.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on top and don't stir.
- Allow the cheese to melt and then serve.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.