Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Homemade Peanut Butter Cookies that are thick, soft, and practically melt in your mouth with every single bite!
Keyword: Peanut Butter Cookies
Calories: 208 kcal
Author: Kelly Anthony from theanthonykitchen.
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus 1/4 cup extra for rolling
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350° and have ready a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Also, have ready a small bowl with about a 1/4 cup of sugar for coating the cookie dough balls.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla. With a handheld mixer on medium-high speed, mix until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until combined. Do not overmix.
- Scoop out heaping tablespoons of dough, and roll into a ball. Roll in the granulated sugar, and transfer to the baking sheet spacing them 1 1/2"-2" apart.
- Make crosshatch lines across the tops of the cookies using the tines of a fork, and bake for 12-14 minutes, just until the edges are a deeper brown. Serve and enjoy.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.