Country Buttermilk Chicken Tenders
CHICKEN AND MARINADE INGREDIENTS
- 2 pounds chicken breast tenderloins
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- Place all marinade ingredients in a large ziplock bag, mix up well and add chicken. Close bag tightly and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or overnight is even better.
- Mix all breading ingredients in a large bowl. Consistency will be crumbly, which is perfect.
- Add oil to a large, high-sided stovetop cooker and heat oil to high.
- Drop marinated chicken tenders into breading mix and press it all in real good. It will be a big clumpy mess but that's what we want.
- Using tongs, slowly add breaded tenders into oil. Do this slowly and one at a time, as not to drop the temperature of the oil.
- Cook tenders for a 3-4 minutes, until 1st side is golden brown, carefully flip over with tongs and let fry on other side for an additional 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove chicken tenders from oil and place on a paper towel lined pan to drain the oil.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce such as BBQ sauce, ranch dressing or honey mustard.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.The Post Country Buttermilk Chicken Tenders appeared first on countryrecipebook.com.