Crispy Chicken Parmesan
The Best Chicken Parmesan with a deliciously crispy breadcrumb coating, smothered in a rich homemade tomato sauce and melted mozzarella cheese! This is here best Chicken Parmesan you will ever make! Simple to make and worth every minute. If you love a crispy crumb coating vs soggy crumb, look no further!
For The Chicken:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to season
- 3 large chicken breasts halved horizontally to make 6 fillets
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (Italian or golden)
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic or onion powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 14 ounces (400 g) tomato puree (Passata)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 8 ounces (250 g) mozzarella cheese sliced or shredded
- 1/3 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil or parsley
For The Chicken:
- Preheat oven 430°F | 220°C. Lightly grease an oven tray (or baking dish) with non stick cooking oil spray; set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Add chicken into the egg, rotating to evenly coat each fillet in the mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes (or overnight night if time allows for a deeper flavour).
- When chicken is ready for cooking, mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder together in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken into the breadcrumb mixture to evenly coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot and shimmering. Fry chicken until golden and crispy, (about 4-5 minutes each side).
- Place chicken on prepared baking tray / dish and top each breast with about 1/3 cup of sauce (sauce recipe below). Top each chicken breast with 2-3 slices of mozzarella cheese and about 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with basil or parsley.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and melted, and the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pot. Fry onion until transparent (about 3 minutes), then add the garlic until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add the tomato puree, salt and pepper to taste, Italian herbs and sugar (If using). Cover with lid to simmer for about 8 minutes, or until sauce has thickened slightly. Taste test and adjust salt and pepper, if needed.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.