Homemade Coffee Cake
If you are needing an awesome breakfast idea or dessert, this Homemade Coffee Cake recipe will be perfect. Loaded with lots and lots of butter, this cake delivers. Perfect for you to enjoy with coffee or just to snack on.
- 2 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup softened Butter cut in 1 tbsp pieces
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2/3 cup Buttermilk or 2/3 cup Milk + 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup cold Butter cut in 1 tbsp pieces
- 2 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 9x13" baking dish or spray with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in mixer bowl.
- Gradually add in butter while mixing. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Add in eggs, vanilla and buttermilk while beating until the mixture is combined (scrape down the bowl periodically).
- Set batter aside.
- Mix together filling ingredients.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into the prepared pan and spread to level.
- Sprinkle filling on top of the batter.
- Pour remaining batter on top.
- Use a butter knife to swirl Through batter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Cut butter into bowl using pastry cutter or forks until crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the cake sets up.
- Allow to cool and dust top with powdered sugar.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.The Post Homemade Coffee Cake appeared first on cincyshopper.com.