Honey Garlic Sriracha Chicken Wings
The honey-sriracha glaze is quite delicious and incredibly simple, but merely an afterthought here. The real star of the show is the strange, but effective, technique of coating the wings with a baking powder-laced spice rub before baking. Through the magic of chemical reactions, the surface of the chicken becomes bone-dry, and eventually crisps up to something very similar to what would come out of a deep fryer.
Author: Chef John | allrecipes.
- Choose your zip, pick favorite stores
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 lb chicken wings
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 tsp sesame oil
- Prep 10 min Cook 45 min Ready 55 min
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place an oven-proof wire rack over the foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and baking powder. Place chicken wings in a large bowl. Sprinkle 1/2 of the seasoning over wings and toss to coat. Sprinkle remaining seasoning over wings and toss to coat again. Arrange wings on the rack over the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn wings and continue baking for another 15 minutes. Turn wings again and bake until browned and crispy, about 15 minutes more. Transfer wings to a clean large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together honey, sriracha sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil until thoroughly combined and smooth. Pour sauce over the wings and toss to coat completely.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.