One-Pot Beefy Broccoli Rice
One-Pot Beefy Broccoli Rice – A quick, easy, and hearty one-pot supper filled with ground beef, broccoli, rice and topped with cheese.
- 2 lbs. ground beef (ground round or sirloin works great)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 3 cups warm water
- 2 tsp beef bouillon granules or 2 cubes
- 2 cups rice
- 1 lb. frozen cut broccoli
- 1/2 can mild Rotel
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Colby Jack
- Optional: fresh parsley
- Brown beef with onions and garlic. Season with creole seasoning as you start to brown it.
- While meat is browning, mix warm water with bouillon granules and let sit.
- Once beef is browned and onions are clear, add bouillon mixture, rice, broccoli, and Rotel. Stir.
- Bring it to a boil and then cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Do not lift lid during this time. Stir and check to see if rice is done. If not, add a little more water, cover and cook a little longer.
- Taste and season a little more if you prefer.
- Top with cheese, cover, and let cheese melt. Serve with a little fresh parsley.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.