Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
These peanut butter oatmeal cookies are soft, chewy and filled with peanut butter goodness. The oatmeal adds tons of texture, and it's a quick and easy recipe that all peanut butter fans are sure to love.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- In a large bowl beat together the butter, sugars, and peanut butter until fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- With the mixer on low speed, carefully beat in the flour, baking soda and salt. Then mix in the oats.
- If baking the cookies immediately: Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Form the dough into balls about 1 - 1.5 tablespoons in size.
- Place 2 inches apart on a lined cookie sheet. Do not flatten. Then bake for 8-10 minutes or until the tops are just set.
- If chilling the dough for thicker cookies: Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Remove the dough from the fridge and let warm up for 5-10 minutes.
- Form the dough into balls about 1 - 1.5 tablespoons in size and place 2 inches apart on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the tops are just set.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.