Quick Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls
Quick Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls - better than takeout and made with just a few ingredients, this Asian chicken dinner idea is on our weekly rotation! Sweet, garlicky chicken served with rice and steamed broccoli comes together in just 20 minutes.
Course: Main Dish
Keyword: rice bowl, teriyaki chicken, teriyaki chicken and rice
Servings: 4 people
Calories: 222 kcal
Author: Anna from crunchycreamysweet
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons rice or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- steamed broccoli
- Cook rice according to instructions on packaging.
- Steam broccoli.
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper and place in large non stick skillet.
- Cook until done, stirring often.
- In a small bowl or a measuring cup, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, vinegar and cornstarch. Whisk together until there are no cornstarch lumps. Add sauce to chicken and cook stirring constantly, until it thickens into shiny glaze.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with rice and steamed broccoli.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.