Round Steak & Gravy
This recipe will feed a family of four. You can double the meat without having to adjust the onion and gravy.
- 4 to 6 slices of Round Steak
- 2 Pouches of Onion Gravy
- 2 C of Hot Water
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, Sliced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, Peeled and Smashed
- 2 T of Butter
- Use a skillet and 1 T of butter to sear off both sides of your round steak. I only cooked these on each side for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In your Instant Pot, sauté the onions and the garlic in 1 T of Butter.
- Add the slices of meat to the pot.
- Add the two pouches of the gravy to 2 C of hot water and dissolve.
- Pour over the meat and onions.
- Set your Instant Pot to the meat setting and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Release the steam and you are ready to serve.
- This recipe is best served on top of creamy mashed potatoes and with buttery corn. You can also use rice or egg noodles. But in my opinion, the gravy needs to be with mashed potatoes. If you want to make this recipe in your crock pot, sear the meat in the skillet, and brown the onions and mushrooms in the same skillet and add the gravy mix to your crock and cook on low 8 to 10 hours. Remember to keep the lid on your crock or it will take longer. If you are making this in the oven, do the same steps as the crock, but place the meat, onions and gravy in a casserole dish, cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 2.5 hours. You can also add mushrooms to this recipe if you like. Another option is to add in one can of Cream of Mushroom Soup to make it a creamy gravy. I have loved this recipe since I was a kid and I hope you do too!
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.