Skillet Teriyaki Chicken
Sweet and savory, chicken teriyaki is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Teriyaki chicken is cooked in one skillet, with ingredients you already have in your pantry. A sweet homemade teriyaki sauce better than anything you can buy in a bottle.
Author: Rachael from eazy peazy mealz.
- 1 cup Teriyaki Sauce see below for full recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts approx 2 lbs pounded to even thickness
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4 rings of pineapple fresh
- 1 green onion sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place chicken between pieces of plastic wrap, and use a meat mallet to pound chicken until even thickness
- Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Put olive oil in a large skillet, and turn on to medium heat.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side over medium heat until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- To same skillet add pineapple rings, and saute over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until garlic is fragrant.
- Add chicken back into pan, and top with teriyaki sauce (combine all ingredients and pour into pan). cook until sauce is reduced to desired thickness.
- Serve with fresh cracked pepper and garnish with green onions if desired.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.