Snickerdoodle Cream Cheese Apple Pie
Snickerdoodle Cream Cheese Apple Pie is made with a snickerdoodle cookie crust. A layer of cream cheese, chopped apple pie filling and a snickerdoodle crumb topping.
Author: Mary Bostow | bunnyswarmoven.
- one-1lb 1.5 oz pouch Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup butter,softened
- 1 eight ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 11/4 cups apple pie filling, chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch glass pie plate.
- Place the pouch of cookie mix into a large bowl. Add the 1/2 cup butter, work with a pastry blender until you have crumbs. Press about 2 cups of the crumbs into to the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate. Bake 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Add 1 Tablespoon melted butter to the remaining crumbs, toss to combine.
- Beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth, add the sugar and flour. Mix until well incorporated. Add vanilla and egg, beat until the batter is smooth.
- Place the apple pie filling into a small bowl, add the 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon, stir to combine.
- Spread the creamed cheese mixture into the bottom of the cookie crust. Spoon the chopped up canned apples over the cream cheese layer. Try to get more of the apple and less of the thickened filling onto the top of the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the apples evenly. Bake about 35 minutes or until top is golden brown. Let cool completely, refrigerate the pie at least 3 hours before serving.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.