Sticky Crispy Garlic Chicken Wings
Crispy, fried garlic chicken wings tossed in a sweet and sticky glaze. You won't be able to keep your hands off of these!
Author: Evi from evs eats.
For the Glaze
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of Stevia Nectar or honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 pounds of chicken wings
- Peanut oil for frying
- 2 cups of flour
- 5 tbsp of ground ginger
- 2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1½ tbsp of salt
- 2 tsp of black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp of cold water
For the Glaze:
- Heat the olive oil and garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, until the garlic has softened.
- Add the nectar (honey), soy sauce, and black pepper and simmer together for 10 minutes. Keep an eye on this carefully as the sauce can boil over over the pot. (Will leave you with a burnt nightmare!)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, ginger, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and cold water together to make an egg wash.
- Take the chicken wings (washed and trimmed) and dip them into the egg wash, and then toss them in the flour mixture.
- Drop and fry the coated chicken in peanut oil at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until the outside is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oil, and while the chicken is still hot, drop the wings into the sauce.
- Serve immediately!
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.