The Best Monster Cookies
The best monster cookies are loaded with peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips, and m&m's! They are thick, chewy, and a soft-baked cookie, with a surprise ingredient, that are addictive and delicious.
Servings: 30 cookies
Calories: 190 kcal
Recipe adapted from : together as family.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini M&M candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or use a silpat liner.
- In a large bowl (or bowl of a stand mixer) cream together the butter, brown sugar, and peanut butter until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt and whisk to combine.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add the oats, chocolate chips, and M&M candies. Mix on low speed just until dough is combined.
- Use a small/medium cookie scoop, or about 1-2 tablespoons cookie dough, and place on the baking sheets. They should look like golf balls.
- Bake the cookies for 7-9 minutes until the edges are just starting to brown and the top still looks slightly undercooked.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- ** For more of a cookie shape, take the bottom of a glass cup and gently press down on the cookie a few minutes after they come out of the oven OR just press some additional m&m's on tops of the cooked cookies and that will naturally press them down into more of a cookie shape, I always do this and it works so well. The cookies don't spread much at all while baking.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.