The Most Amazing White Cake
The Most Amazing White Cake is here! It's light, and airy, and absolutely gorgeous. This is the white cake you've been dreaming of!
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 1/2 cups cake flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large egg whites room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups milk room temperature
- Grease three 9-inch pans. Line the bottom with parchment paper. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to cream the butter and sugar together. Beat in almond extract.
- Use a fork to combine the eggs and milk together in a bowl or 2 cup liquid measuring cup. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl stir together cake flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix in until just combined. Add in half of the milk mixture and combine. Add in another 1/3 of the dry ingredients until combined followed by the remainder of the milk mixture. Add in the remainder of the dry ingredients and mix with the hand mixer until just combined, using a rubber spatula to scrape the sides and bottom to make sure everything is mixed in.
- Divide the batter among the three prepared pans. Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes. Let sit in pans for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before layering and frosting.
WHITE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 1 ½ cups softened butter2 teaspoons almond extract4 cups powdered sugar1 tablespoon milk
- 1. Use a hand mixer to whip softened butter and almond extract together. Slowly add in powdered sugar, about 1 cup at a time. Thin out with milk if it gets too thick.
- Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 272mg | Potassium: 240mg | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 10.4% | Calcium: 10.3% | Iron: 2.4%
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.The Post The Most Amazing White Cake appeared first on thestayathomechef.com.