Raspberry Lemon Cake #desserts #cake #cakerecipes
An old fashioned Raspberry Lemon Cake recipe with lemon buttercream frosting, made with yogurt, fresh raspberries, and lots of lemon juice for a sweet/tart delicious dessert.
Author: Sue Moran | theviewfromgreatisland.
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 heaped cup raspberries
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 5 cups confectioner's sugar, sifted
- juice of 1 and 1/2 lemons (about 3-4 tablespoons)
- (optional) 1 small drop yellow gel food coloring
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.