Baked BBQ Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings. separated into wingettes and drumettes
- 1 Tbsp baking powder (DO NOT USE BAKING SODA!)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp hot wing sauce (Duff's or your favorite hot wing sauce)
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce (Duff's or your favorite BBQ sauce)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- You must use a convection function in your oven for this recipe. Set the rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 450F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, then parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pat dry chicken wings with a paper towel. Place the wings in a large bowl. Add the baking powder, salt and pepper. Mix by hand until all wings are evenly coated. Spread the wings on the baking sheet.
- Place the tray with the wings in the oven and bake at 450F convection for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by combining the hot sauce, the BBQ sauce and the minced garlic in a small bowl.
- Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Let rest for 5 minutes. This will help the wings retain retain more of their crispiness after applying BBQ sauce.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.