Crispy Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 1/4 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Use your thumb to gently loosen the skin from the chicken. Using a dry paper towel, grab the skin and pull it off.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl. Place the egg and the milk in another bowl and whisk lightly to break up the egg. Combine the bread crumbs, salt, paprika, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, basil and pepper in a large ziplock bag.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, then in the egg mixture. Place the drumsticks in the ziplock bag, then close the bag and shake to coat the chicken.
- Melt the butter and pour it into a 9×13-inch baking dish. Place the chicken in the dish and turn it to coat in the butter.
- Bake the chicken for 25 minutes, then turn the chicken over and bake an additional 25 minutes, or until it is golden brown and cooked through.