- 3 chicken legs and 3 chicken thighs with skin
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 chicken bouillon
- 2 ½ cup cold water
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoon of the seasoned flour mentioned below
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon all spice powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon heaped ginger powder
- Mix all the flour seasoning together, take three tablespoon from this mix and keep aside.
- Wash the chicken and pat dry. Dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat the oil and add the chicken. When the bottom of the chicken turns golden flip to the other side and cook until golden.
- Remove the chicken from the oil when both sides are golden. At this point, the chicken is not completely cooked.
- Keep around 4 tablespoon of oil in the pan, add the chopped onion and fry until light brown.
- Add three tablespoon seasoned flour to the onion and stir for at least two minutes on medium heat.
- Pour the cold water over the onion and flour mixture in one go and keep on stirring. Add the chicken bouillon and continue stirring.
- Now add the milk and stir until the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the chicken to the sauce.
- Cover the pan and let the chicken cook for 20 – 25 minutes or until completely cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Serve with rice or mashed potato.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.Recipe adapted from Journal.