Sticky Chicken Wings
- 2-3 pounds Chicken Wings drums and flats separated and wing tips removed (about 24-30 wing pieces)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Cooking Spray
- 1½ cup Plain Barbecue Sauce use your favorite brand
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Honey
- 2 tablespoons Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Yellow Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- You will also need: 2 Large Baking Sheets, 1 Cooling Rack, 1 Pastry Brush
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Season the chicken wings with the salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Spray a baking sheet lightly with cooking spray. Place the chicken wings, in a single layer, on the baking sheet. Bake them for 30 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven. Line a clean baking sheet with a cooling rack.
- Spray the cooling rack lightly with cooking spray. Arrange the chicken wings, in a single layer, on the cooling rack, skin side up. Bake them for 15 minutes.
- While the wings continue to cook, make the sauce
- Add the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, honey, ketchup, mustard and Worcestershire sauce to a saucepan. Heat the barbecue sauce over medium heat, stirring frequently to avoid sticking.
- Simmer the sauce for a few minutes, until the sugar melts and the ingredients are incorporated. Give the sauce all of your attention while it’s simmering! Do not leave the pan unattended.
- Lower the heat to low and keep the sauce warm until ready to use, stirring occasionally.
- Add about ¾ of the sauce to a bowl and reserve the rest for serving.
- Coat the wings with the barbecue sauce
- Remove the wings from the oven and turn each one so the paler side is up. Brush them with a generous amount of the barbecue sauce and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Again, remove them from the oven and turn each wing. Brush them with a thick layer of the sauce.
- Return the wings to the oven and bake another 5 minutes.
- Without turning them this time, sauce them one final time and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken wings on a platter serve them with the remaining barbecue sauce on the side.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.Recipe adapted from Journal.